Connect with David
David B. Watts
Dave is one of the firm’s founders. He helps business owners, professional athletes, and other high net worth clients develop and implement financial plans and strategies. He also specializes in helping those with single-stock positions to diversify and manage their financial lives.
Other areas of specialty are wealth transfer plans for concentrated stockholders and business owners; tax minimization strategies for those with employee stock options; cash flow management; and risk management planning.
Dave co-developed “Your Life Incorporated,” a financial plan used by professional athletes in the management of their personal financial lives. Prior to starting the firm, Dave had been with Merrill Lynch & Co., where he worked for five years in the Los Angeles area and one year in Phoenix.
Dave received his B.S. degree from the Marriott School of Management at Brigham Young University, where he played on the varsity football team. After receiving his degree at BYU, Dave continued his education at the University of California Santa Barbara, where he received his designation as a Professional Financial Planner. Away from the office, Dave spends most of his time with his family. He also enjoys sports, reading, travel, and photography. The beach is his happy place and he spends as much time as he can surfing the waves in Southern California.
Dave and his wife Lori have five children and live in Gilbert, Arizona.
- Helping my professional athlete clients turn their high earnings today into a strong, diversified financial base that will support them for the rest of their lives.
- Helping my clients with concentrated stock positions transfer their wealth with the lowest possible tax consequences
- Helping clients apply their financial resources toward their values and goals. The balance on a financial statement is just a number. How can that “number” bring you satisfaction and fulfillment?
- Helping clients construct and follow a thorough wealth management plan.
- Manage investment portfolios that fit client needs and expectations.